As the foremost leader in innovative dental procedure, Sydney Dental Aesthetics and Implants strives to continue to transform the procedures and technologies we employ with the latest innovations and trends in the dental industry. Our goal is to utilize technology to reduce pain, speed healing and delivery the very best in dental care possible.
We aim to provide procedures that help:
- Reduce visits required for treatment
- Significantly reduce healing time
- Alleviate discomfort during and after the procedure
- Gum Disease Treatment
One of the most common ailments in dentistry is gum disease also known as periodontitis – a common condition in which your gums become loose and form pocket-like gaps between your teeth and gums. These areas form unhealthy homes where plaque bacteria and dental tartar or calculus can live in your mouth. As your gum disease worsens, these homes can become so deep that they could lead to the eventual the loss of teeth.
To treat gum disease we’ll often do a procedure known as laser debridement of periodontal pockets. In this procedure we clean the teeth and then sterilize the periodontal pockets with the laser, remove all granulation tissue, and reduce bacterial colonies.
A laser gingivectomy is a surgical gum disease treatment that allows us to remove diseased or overgrown gum tissue. It also helps reduce plaque traps and very deep pockets and assists in slowing down the overall all progression of gum disease. The use of lasers in our treatments of gum disease has proven to be one of the safest procedures for removing infected or excess gum tissue, and has the following advantages over the traditional scalpel method:
- Requires minimal local anaesthetic
- Laser cauterizes the area, providing a bloodless field
- Reduces the occurrences of post-op infection by reducing bacterial levels in the area
- Less treatment time needed
- Limited to virtually no post-op pain
- Much faster recovery times
- Gum Contouring