A healthy mouth every 3-6 months
Regular hygiene appointments to clean and polish your teeth are the cornerstones of any great smile and foundations of oral health. At our cosmetic dentistry clinic, we have a dental hygienist in office to clean teeth, improve gum health and help you to maintain a healthier mouth.
More adults lose their teeth every year as a result of gum(periodontal) disease than from any other cause. Thankfully gum or jaw bone disease is preventable, and if already present, manageable. With regularly scheduled checkups and cleanings your mouth can remain healthy and free from gum disease.
A Dental Hygienist is a registered professional who is specifically trained in the prevention and treatment of gum disease and an absolute integral part of the preventive dental team at Sydney Dental Aesthetics and Implants
At Sydney Dental Aesthetics and Implants we recommend you visit us every 6 months for regular cleaning. If you have been diagnosed with gum or jaw bone disease or are considered at risk we feel you should come in once every three months to ensure optimum health for your gums.
During your Hygiene Appointment, the Dental Hygienist will:
- Make an initial assessment of your gums and jaw bone health to evaluate the current condition
- Provide professional scaling which entails the removal of calculus, plaque and bacteria responsible for gum or jaw-bone disease
- Complete comprehensive polishing to remove unsightly stains in order to give you a fresher and healthier looking smile.
- Apply fluoride solutions to prevent decay
- Take periodic x-rays to establish the condition of pre existing restorations and assess and monitor gum health
- Demonstrate individual and personalized oral hygiene techniques most suitable for you to keep your teeth and gums in optimal health.
- Provide dietary advice relating to the prevention of oral conditions.